Saturday, October 14, 2006

2006 ACQUISITIVE SCULPTURE AWARD & EXHIBITION AT UWS

The UWS Media Release for this sculpture exhibition at the Campbelltown campus quotes UWS curator Monica McMahon: "The University is very proud to be able to promote this wonderful art form, support great Australian artists, and create a valuable cultural and community event for the people of Greater Western Sydney and beyond."

That's a great line, but does it apply beyond the sculpture exhibition?

More info from the UWS web site. Read it here

Articles from the last two issues of Uni Life:


vol 1 Winter 2006


Vol 2 Spring 2006

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done, UWS Marketing. Such an excellent work of spin and hypocrisy. Makes me feel warm inside.

Seriously though. I saw the sculpture prize show, and it was seriously shit. Sorry to all involved but it's just how I feel. I may be biased - I was there to protest after all - and I only saw the work from afar, and while driving away - so this may not be the most balanced critical response.

Nonetheless, here's my potted review - poorly selected and blandly installed carnival of sheer banality. Curated according to a shopping list reading 'one example of each easily recognisable movement from the twentieth century, and we'd better have a nice range of different media as well' and then evenly spaced around the perimeter of an artificial lake with almost no sensitivity to the landscape, as if installed by a commitee of bourgeouis corporate fucktards. LACKING IN CONTEMPORANAEITY! MUST TRY HARDER!

Like I said, I'm sure I'm biased. But I'm sure it's just what Janice was after.

THAT'S RIGHT, JANICE! YOUR SCULPTURE PRIZE SUCKS REAL HARD! im not afraid to say it. WHERE DID YOU GO TO ART SCHOOL JANICE!

Ahem.

On the other hand, I saw Robin and Paul's
show at Campbelltown also. Much nicer. Those guys are deadset champions and making killer work. I have only kind words for them.

Just shits me to see the Uni turning their and CAC's great work into yet more spin.

Fuck that.

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home